And today, thanks to Planet Ares VI, I discovered Chris' Miniature Woes. Chris has recently started a group project called The 6 Month Mountain Reduction & Painting Challenge, in which for 6 months, he and others will aim to post weekly updates of their painting efforts.
As far as omens go, that's about as good as I'm going to get. ;)
I'm joining in the challenge, and I have a bunch of minis that are unpainted or half painted that I aim to get through. I'll just list them here for now, but as I get through them I'll post updates (before and after if I remember). There are so many that I can break them down into genre...
- Warmaster Undead. Currently most are a fair way through, but I still have a few unopened blister packs that I'm going to get done.
- Warmaster Chaos. Having just purchased a few of these recently, I'm going to aim to finish those that aren't, and possibly repaint some of them too.
- Mordheim Ratmen warband. Mostly painted from when I was playing years ago, but need to finish off the stragglers.
- Mordheim Witch Hunters (I think). Completely unpainted, but seeing as Rob and I will be playing the game soon, I should get motivated to paint them.
- Marhaf Legion from Plasmablast Games. These are 6mm sci-fi models that I am going to use for Future War Commander. Plasmablast Games is possibly my favourite maker of 6mm sci-fi minis, and the latest Marhaf Legion are so exquisitely detailed.
- Progenitor from Plasmablast Games. I have a lot of Progenitor, and they're great models. Most are painted, but I bought a bunch of infantry a while back and need to get those out and painted.
- Chuhuac from Loud Ninja Games. A while back, Eli of LNG ran a Kickstarter campaign so that he could get his 15mm space lizards made. And holy cow, they are some stunning miniatures. Sadly, however, I haven't had the time to focus on any 15mm sci-fi gaming, so put these on the back burner. And that's partly why I haven't supported his latest Kickstarter for his Yan'Drassi models. I'm hoping he has some left afterwards though, because they look really good.
- Spaceships from Zandris IV. Been a while since I touched these minis, and it's been a while since I've played Full Thrust. I'm hoping that before the 6 months are up, at least one of these will have happened.
- Epic Space Marines for Future War Commander. A donated army that I should finish as a fitting tribute to the Emperor.
- Saga Anglo Danes. These are probably 60% done, but they've sat unfinished for a year. About time I finished them off.
- DBMM 20mm Greeks. I ended up with a mix of 28mm and 20mm, so will probably just stick to the 20mm for the time being.
- DBMM 20mm Romans. Thanks to the kind souls at my local wargaming club, I had a bunch of Romans donated. Need to get cracking on these.
- DBMM 20mm New Kingdom Egyptians. Another donated army, and thankfully mostly finished. There are, however, a bunch of chariots that are still on the sprues.